About the Book
This award-winning book: TheComplete Guide to Lost Pet Prevention & Recovery shows you how to prevent your dog, cat, bird, ferret, or other pet from becoming lost or stolen, and shows you how to get your pet back if it turns up missing. Step-by-step instructions provide you with everything you need in order to conduct a thorough—and successful—search, including how to write “lost pet” ads, where to post flyers, how to utilize the Internet, and much, much more.
Time is the most critical element in a successful recovery. Nearly 90% of all lost pets are recovered, if a comprehensive search is conducted during the first 12 hours. Get this book now, before you lose your pet, and be prepared!
"Whether you're an owner hoping to prevent your pet from becoming lost or stolen, an owner struggling to improve the chances of recovering your missing pet, or a good Samaritan trying to reunite a lost pet with his owner-you'll feel the authors' strong commitment to helping keep people and pets together. This book is a must-read for everyone who is concerned about the ultimate safety of pet animals." - Martha Armstrong, Senior Vice President for Companion Animals and Equine Protection, The Humane Society of the United States
This may be the most important pet book you will ever own. Packed with valuable information you won’t find anywhere else (everything from effective pet containment to the latest pet identification systems to thwarting pet thieves and con artists) plus an invaluable list of pet safety and recovery resources.
This book also consolidates all the time-consuming research needed following the loss of a pet, with names, phone numbers and web addresses immediately at hand. The Complete Guide to Lost Pet Prevention & Recovery could literally save your pet’s life.
You’ll learn how to . . .
• Prevent your pet from becoming lost or stolen
• Prepare ahead of time, in case your pet is ever lost
• Use the latest pet identification systems to help others get your lost pet back to you
• Keep good pet records
• Photograph your pet for identification purposes
• Keep indoor pets happy and safe
• Allow your pet safe access to the out-of-doors
• Conduct a thorough and successful search for your lost pet
• Enlist others to help in your search efforts
• Reclaim your pet from an animal shelter (not as easy as you think)
• Thwart pet thieves and con artists
• Get a found stray (which is likely someone’s lost pet) back to its worried owner
• When/If to give up on your search efforts
• How to utilize the Internet
Plus: Research shows the following situations are the most likely times your pet may go missing----our book covers each in complete detail.
• Traveling with and Transporting Pets
• Vacationing with (or without) your pet
• Moving and your pet
• Holidays and Parties
• Pet Sitters and Caretakers
• Roaming and Escaping
• Shelter and Veterinary Locators
• Emergency Contacts and Hotlines
• Pet Recovery Services and Pet Detectives
• Breed Rescue Groups and more
• Hundreds of contacts with complete contact information